- Return to Main Site
Setup and Operation
Setting up the program
From the Main Menu click on "Setup".
1. This is the root input folder that contains the images to be processed
2. This is the root output folder where the processed files will be placed
3. Enter a path if saving the original Images
4. If this box is checked all sub folders of the input folder will be processed
5. If this box is checked the processed files will be placed in a subfolder that matches the input folder. If left unchecked all processed images will be placed in the root output folder. The program will not allow duplicate files to be created. Therefore if processing subfolders of the input folder the user should check this box if there is a possibility of duplicate file names
6. If this box is checked the input folder and subfolders will be monitored for images, if unchecked it will run once and stop. If placing text files in the same folder as the input folder this must be unchecked.
7. Place a check mark in this box to display the name of the file as it is being processed
8. Place a check mark here to activate the Time Out Option*
9. Enter a time out in minutes, this allows the program to continue if it encounters a corrupt image file. Set the time to the longest it could possibly take to OCR a file.
10. Check this box if a tiff image is to be placed in the output folder, the tiff image will be searchable. When using this option the input and output folder must not be the same.
11. Check this box if a text file is to be placed in the output folder it will have a matching name to the input file
12. Check this box if a PDF file is to be placed in the output folder it will have a matching name to the input file
13. Place a check mark in this box to save a copy of the original file
14. Check here to create a blank text file if no text exists
15. Create a log of Blank text files for manual review
16. Saves the settings and prompts the user to run the program
17. Opens this Help File
18. Exits without saving the file.
* The Time Out option is designed to continue processing if a corrupt file is found. It assumes a file has to be OCR'd in a certain amount of time, (8) if it is not finished, it assumes there is a problem with the image and it aborts the processing of the file and moves on to the next one. The advantage is that if there are thousands of single page files to be processed the user does not need to continuously check to see if the program encountered a corrupt image file. If a failure does occur it will be written in a log file in the output folder.
Enter the desired options and click on continue.
Click on Yes to Start Processing Files
An Icon will appear on the task bar showing that the program is running.
To shut down or restart the program
To Start Tiff to Text III
Click on "Run Program" to start the program
Click on "Shut Down" to end the program