Return to Product Page
Click on Setup
The Setup Menu will Open
To separate files that were scanned in a Simplex manner (only one side and each page needs to be saved) where the file needs to be split - Scan to the Simplex folder. Each time a blank page is found a new file will be created.
To separate files that contain mixed pages (in other words they were scanned in a duplex manner with some but maybe not all back sides need to be saved) scan to the duplex folder. Two consecutive blank pages must be found for a new file to be created and all blank pages will be dropped.
1. Place a check mark in "Process Simplex Images" to process the folder containing simplex images. If the incoming documents were scanned in a simplex mode, each time a blank page is found it will create a new document.
2. Browse to or enter the folder that will contain the incoming simplex tiff images from the copier.
3. Browse to or enter the folder that will contain processed simplex tiff images or PDFs.
4. Place a check mark here if the incoming documents were scanned in a duplex mode, each time two blank pages are found together a new file will be created. If only one blank page is found it will be eliminated,
5. Browse to or enter the folder that will contain the incoming duplex tiff images from the copier.
6. Browse to or enter the folder that will contain processed duplex tiff images or PDFs. (this can be the same folder as the output folder for processed simplex images.
7. Place a check mark in "Convert Processed Image to PDF" if the output desired is a PDF instead of a tiff image.
8. Place a check mark in "Monitor Function" to let the program run in the background and process images as they arrive. If left unchecked it will run once and then exit.
9. Enter a number for sensitivity. Usually this will be between 2 and 3. The scale relates to the percentage of black pixels on the page. Where 1 is 1/10 of one percent. Only testing on your own documents will allow this to be set correctly. An example for testing would be to type a 2 or three letter word on a page. And see when it is included or dropped.
10. Enter a time in seconds to check the folder for new images.
11. Place a check mark here to save a copy of the original file
12. Enter a path to store the original file if it is to be saved.
When finished click on Save to save the settings or Exit without saving.
If Save is selected the user will be prompted to run the program.
Click on Yes to Start the Program or No to return to the Main Menu